Commission Projects offers a range of professional, expert and accessible consultancy and project management services, delivering projects from an initial idea through to completion. These projects can range from the small scale to large urban developments, and from the simple to complex.
As well as delivering projects, we help commissioners take a long term view by developing public art strategies and programmes which integrate artists at every stage of the planning process.
To support this, we have extensive experience in policy development having successfully developed public art policies for many public and private organisations. This involvement has often proved valuable when commissioning work to meet planning requirements.
Project Advice and Management
Commission Projects role is based on the requirement of each commissioner or project but can include:
- Project development and feasibility
- Curatorial and artistic advice and support
- Drafting and agreeing the artistic brief
- Researching and selecting the artist
- Managing legal and contractual processes
- Planning and managing the project
- Advice on budgets, their management and procurement processes
- Advice on planning, technical and maintenance issues
- Assistance with fundraising, promotion, public consultation and engagement
- Monitoring, evaluating and documenting projects
Although we predominantly work for commissioners, Commission Projects also works directly with artists helping them deliver complex projects.